During a tornado:
- Evacuate to the basement, an inside hallway, or an interior bathroom on the lowest level possible with a flashlight and radio.
- Avoid places with wide-span roofs.
- Once evacuated, get under heavy furniture.
- Use arms to protect head and neck.
After a tornado:
- Help injured or trapped persons.
- Turn on the radio, television or go to the Internet (www.wustl.edu) to get the latest emergency information and instructions.
- Use the telephone for emergency calls only.
- If you smell gas or chemical fumes, leave the building.
For more information, please visit: http://emergency.wustl.edu/where-to-go/severe-weather/