Federal Fire Reporting
Federal Law requires every institution of
higher education, with on-campus housing, to maintain a log that
records all fires in on-campus housing facilities. The log below
contain general information regarding fires that have occurred in
residential housing facilities located on the University's Danforth
For these purposes, the University considers
"fire" to include any instance of open flame or other burning that is
either uncontrolled, or located in a place not intended to contain the
Report #: 120399
Date Occurred: 12/11/2012 from 9:15 am to 9:22 am
Date Reported: 12/11/2012 at 9:23 am
Location: Lee Dorm
Synopsis: Fire alarm sounded due to smoke from over-cooking an item in the microwave. Fire was contained to the microwave. Loss value $135.00
Report #: 120265
Date Occurred: 9/23/2012 12:17 am
Date Reported: 9/23/2012 12:17 am
Synopsis: Officers responding on a fire alarm located an air conditioning unit on fire. Fire was extinguished by Facilities prior to Fire Department arrival. Motor had seized, heated up, and ignited the filters. No injuries, damage value $2037.74
Report #: 120187
Date Occurred: 6/12/2012 04:05 am to 06:52 am
Date Reported: 6/12/2012 06:52 am
Synopsis: Aramark reported a fire in a light fixture, located in a restroom of the nursery school. The electrical fire was extinguished with damaged isolated to the light/fan fixture. Loss $5053.38 for cleanup only
Report #: 120077
Date Occurred: 3/3/2012 01:00 am to 01:38 am
Date Reported: 3/3/2012 01:38 am
Beta Theta Pi
Synopsis: Reporting party advised of extinguishing a small fire that occurred when a plastic cooler was set atop a hot stove burner. Damage limited to melting on the cooler.
FIRE Dec 3, 2011 - Saturday at 15:01
Location: MUDD 11-12-03-075471
Maintenance received notification call from RA at Mudd regarding an earlier kitchen fire that was extinguished with a fire extinguisher prior to any alarms sounding. Maintenance advised no damage. PD not notified. Disposition: Cleared.
FIRE Nov 21, 2011 - Monday at 14:13
Location: MILLBROOK 1 110438
Summary: Student started a fire when they placed a candle on a plate, then lit the burner under the plate. Damage to hood and stovetop. No injuries. Loss value $100. Disposition: Cleared.
FIRE Mar 25, 2010-Thursday at 13:55
Location: LEE DORM 100141
Summary: Small fire reported contained in a microwave. Responding officer extinguished fire and building was evacuated due to smoke. No injuries. Damage estimate $6500. Disposition: Cleared.
FIRE Jul 25, 2010-Sunday at 19:34
Location: SOUTH 40 HOUSE 100349
Summary: Electrical fire in light fixture. Clayton Fire Dept. responded and extinguished. Damage clean-up cost is $3500. Fixture replacement is $275. Disposition: Cleared.
FIRE Nov. 5, 2010 - Friday at 12:39
Location: LOPATA HOUSE 100542
Summary: Officers responded to a call of a stove fire at Lopata House. Officer extinguished the fire upon arrival. Fire was contained to the inside of the oven. Cause of the fire found to be baking cookies in an oven with a faulty temperature display.. No damage value at this time. Damage $3750.01. Disposition: Cleared.
FIRE DEC. 7, 2010 - Tuesday at 21:40
Location: SOUTH 40 HOUSE 100611
Summary: Fire in the dock area of the Bears Den was extinguished by the sprinkler system. Fire was contained to the industrial ice machine motor area. Damage $6845.24. Disposition: Cleared.
FIRE May 8, 2009-Friday at 16:54
Location : MILLBROOK #2 090297
Summary : Officers responding to a fire alarm observed smoke on their arrival. The fire, which was electrical in nature, was extinguished by the sprinkler system. $7994.62 in damages. No injuries.