06/13/2020 at 7:40 PM
At approximately 7:40 pm, a student reported that she parked her car behind her apartment in the 700 block of Heman Ave. The student said that while seated in her car, a female subject approached and asked to use the student’s phone. When the student denied the subject’s request, the female subject struck the student in the face one time. At this point a male subject approached and he and the female subject removed the student from her car. The female subject and the male subject got in the student’s car. A short time later two additional male subjects also got into the vehicle. All four subjects then drove off in the student’s vehicle, last seen heading south on Heman Ave.
No weapons were used.
Minor injuries were reported.
University City is investigating
Be alert to your surroundings. Do not sit in your car to text or use electronic devices, and be observant while walking. If you suspect you are being followed, run in a different direction; go to the other side of the street and yell or whistle for help; or head quickly to a lighted area, a group of people, or business
• Carry a whistle to summon help.
• Be extra cautious if someone approaches you or your vehicle and asks for information or if someone asks to use your cell phone.
• If you are confronted by a thief, give them what they want and don’t chase them as they leave. Report suspicious persons or activity immediately to the Police.
• Consider using Metro’s public transportation system. For more information visit the Transportation Options page at transportation.wustl.edu.
• Download the Noonlight Safety App.