12/07/2019 at 12:24 AM
At approximately 12:24 am there were two robberies in close proximity to each other in the 700 block of Westgate.
The first robbery involved a female Washington University student. The students was walking south on Westgate when a male subject approached her and pushed her to the ground. The subject pointed a handgun at the victim and demanded her personal property. The subject took the student’s property.
The second robbery took place at or near the same location. As the first robbery was taking place, a second female Washington University student was walking in the opposite direction when a second subject approached her. The subject appeared to be armed with a rifle and demanded the student’s property. The subject took the victims property.
Both subjects then got into a dark colored vehicle parked nearby and drove away from the area.
University City Police Department is investigating
Be alert to your surroundings. Do not sit in your car to text or use electronic devices, and be observant while walking. If you suspect you are being followed,
run in a different direction; go to the other side of the street and yell or whistle for help; or head quickly to a lighted area, a group of people, or business.
• Carry a whistle to summon help.
• Be extra cautious if someone approaches you or your vehicle and asks for information or if someone asks to use your cell phone.
• If you are confronted by a thief, give them what they want and don’t chase them as they leave. Report suspicious persons or activity immediately to the
• Consider using the Campus2Home Shuttle Service or Metro’s public transportation system. For more information visit the Transportation Options page at
• Download the Noonlight Safety App.