06/23/2022 at 9:12 PM
On 06/23/2022 at 9:12pm, a student reported to WUPD that at 2:00pm they had parked and secured their 2018 Kia Sportage on the 6200 block of Clemens Ave. near the Limit Ave. intersection. Upon returning at 8:00pm the student observed glass on the ground and their vehicle gone. The student immediately reported the incident to University City PD and later reported the incident to WUPD.
Within the last two weeks another student also reported to University City PD that their Kia brand vehicle was stolen from the 6200 block of Enright.
University City is investigating these incidents. WUPD will be conducting increased patrols in the area.
Local police municipalities have recently reported an increase in motor vehicle thefts of Kia and Hyundai brand vehicles.
University City is investigating
Report suspicious activity immediately to Police at 911 or go to the nearest emergency blue light telephone.
• If you hear a vehicle alarm, contact Police immediately.
• Do not leave expensive property such as laptops, CD’s, purses, radar detectors, cellular telephones and portable
stereos in plain view in your vehicle. Lock them in your trunk or take them with you.
• Do not leave loose change visible.
• Park in a well-lit area or as close to a light as possible.
• Lock your vehicle.
• Consider purchasing an anti-theft device for your vehicle.