01/13/2022 at 12:39 PM
At approximately 12:39 pm today, a student reported that she was sitting in her parked car in the 6000 block of Pershing Ave. when three male subjects approached the car. The subjects forcefully removed the student from her vehicle and pushed her to the ground. The subjects went through the student’s pockets and took her cellphone, credit card and car keys. The subjects fled from the area on foot. The student’s car keys were recovered a short time later. There were no reported weapons involved.
There were no reported injuries as a result of this incident.
St. Louis Metro Police Department is investigating, WUPD is assisting
Be alert to your surroundings. Do not sit in your car to text or use electronic devices, and be observant while walking. If you suspect you are being followed, run in a different direction; go to the other side of the street and yell or whistle for help; or head quickly to a lighted area, a group of people, or business.
• Carry a whistle to summon help.
• Be extra cautious if someone approaches you or your vehicle and asks for information or if someone asks to use your cell phone.
• If you are confronted by a thief, give them what they want and don’t chase them as they leave. Report suspicious persons or activity immediately to the Police.
• Consider using Metro’s public transportation system or using the WashU Campus Shuttle system if appropriate. For more information visit the Transportation Options page at transportation.wustl.edu.
• Download the WashUSafe App.