01/27/2022 at 12:50 PM
At approximately 12:50 pm today, two female students were sitting in a parked car in the 6200 block of Cabanne Ave. when four male subjects approached the vehicle from behind. One of the subjects displayed a handgun and ordered the students to exit the vehicle. One student, who was seat belted in her seat was forcefully removed from the vehicle. The subjects then got into the vehicle and drove away from the scene.
There were no reported injuries as a result of this incident.
The University City Police Department is investigating. The Washington University Police Department is assisting in the investigation.
Be alert to your surroundings. Do not sit in your car to text or use electronic devices, and be observant while walking. If you suspect you are being followed, run in a different direction; go to the other side of the street and yell or whistle for help; or head quickly to a lighted area, a group of people, or business.
• Carry a whistle to summon help.
• Be extra cautious if someone approaches you or your vehicle and asks for information or if someone asks to use your cell phone.
• If you are confronted by a thief, give them what they want and don’t chase them as they leave. Report suspicious persons or activity immediately to the Police.
• Consider using Metro’s public transportation system or using the WashU Campus Shuttle system if appropriate. For more information visit the Transportation Options page at transportation.wustl.edu.
• Download the WashUSafe App.