07/17/2022 at 6:50 PM
Incident Related Information
On 07/17/2022 at 6:50pm, a student reported to WUPD that at 2:30pm they had parked and secured their Hyundai Elantra in the 500 block of Kingsland. Upon returning at 6:50pm the student observed glass on the ground and their vehicle gone. The student immediately reported the incident to University City PD and to WUPD.
Within the last few weeks, there have been three reports of vehicles stolen in the University City area. They have all been Hyundai or Kia brand vehicles.
Local police municipalities have recently reported an increase in motor vehicle thefts of Kia and Hyundai brand vehicles.
University City is investigating these incidents. WUPD will be conducting increased patrols in the area.
Report suspicious activity immediately to Police at 911 or go to the nearest emergency blue light telephone.
• If you hear a vehicle alarm, contact Police immediately.
• Do not leave expensive property such as laptops, CD’s, purses, radar detectors, cellular telephones and portable
stereos in plain view in your vehicle. Lock them in your trunk or take them with you.
• Do not leave loose change visible.
• Park in a well-lit area or as close to a light as possible.
• Lock your vehicle.
• Consider purchasing an anti-theft device for your vehicle.