08/05/2022 at 6:00 PM
On 08/05/2022 at 8:42pm, an employee reported to WUPD that at 6:00pm they had parked their Hyundai Tucson behind their apartment in the 6100 block of Pershing Avenue. Upon returning at 8:15pm, the employee observed that someone had stolen their vehicle. It is unclear exactly how access was gained to the vehicle but it is possible that it was left unsecure at the time it was parked. The employee immediately reported the incident to the St. Louis City Police and to WUPD.
The St. Louis City Police are investigating this incident. WUPD will be conducting increased patrols in the area.
Local police municipalities have recently reported an increase in motor vehicle thefts of Kia and Hyundai brand vehicles.
St. Louis Metro Police Department is investigating
• Report suspicious activity immediately to Police at 911 or go to the nearest emergency blue light telephone.
• If you hear a vehicle alarm, contact Police immediately.
• Do not leave expensive property such as laptops, CD’s, purses, radar detectors, cellular telephones and portable stereos in plain view in your vehicle. Lock them in your trunk or take them with you.
• Do not leave loose change visible.
• Park in a well-lit area or as close to a light as possible.
• Lock your vehicle.
• Consider purchasing an anti-theft device for your vehicle.