07/24/2020 at 12:27 AM
At approximately 12:27 a.m., a Washington University student reported that he parked his car in a private driveway near the 600 block of Westgate Ave. The student was accompanied by a female roommate, not affiliated with the university. The student said that when he and his roommate exited his vehicle, they were approached by two male subjects wearing "Ski-masks". One of the subjects displayed a hand gun and demanded the student and his roommate's property. The student gave the subjects his car keys. The subjects got in the student's vehicle which contained the student's wallet. the two subjects then drove off in the student’s vehicle, last seen heading west on Delmar Ave.
No injuries were reported.
University City is investigating
• Be alert to your surroundings. Do not sit in your car to text or use electronic devices, and be observant while walking. If you suspect you are being followed, run in a different direction; go to the other side of the street and yell or whistle for help; or head quickly to a lighted area, a group of people, or business
• Carry a whistle to summon help.
• Be extra cautious if someone approaches you or your vehicle and asks for information or if someone asks to use your cell phone.
• If you are confronted by a thief, give them what they want and don’t chase them as they leave. Report suspicious persons or activity immediately to the Police.
• Consider using Metro’s public transportation system. For more information visit the Transportation Options page at transportation.wustl.edu.
• Download the WashU Safe App.