08/11/2019 at 10:40 PM
At approximately 10:40 p.m., a student parked his car in the 6200 block of Enright Blvd., near The Lofts. As the student was sitting in the car, a subject walked up to the vehicle, displayed a handgun and told the student to exit his vehicle. The subject entered the vehicle and drove away, last seen heading east.
No injuries were reported.
University City Police Department has reported that an arrest has been made in this incident but are continuing their investigation.
• Consider using the Campus2Home Shuttle Service or Metro’s public transportation system. For more information visit the Transportation Options page at transportation.wustl.edu.
• Avoid walking or jogging alone and never walk or jog alone after dark.
• Always choose a well-lit path and avoid dark or vacant areas.
• Carry a whistle to summon help.
• Download the Noonlight Safety App.
• Be alert to your surroundings. If you suspect you are being followed, run in a different direction; go to the other side of the street and yell or whistle for help; or head quickly to a lighted area, a group of people, or business.
• Be extra cautious if someone approaches you or your vehicle, asks for information or asks to use your cell phone.
• If you are confronted by a thief, give them what they want and don’t chase them as they leave. Report suspicious persons or activity immediately to the Police.