09/06/2019 at 2:00 AM
At approximately 2:00 a.m. a student had just arrived home at his apartment in the 6000 block of Westminster Place when two male subjects approached him. One of the subjects displayed a handgun and the subjects “patted” the student down and took his personal property. The subjects then punched the student and later fled to a nearby parked vehicle. The subjects were last seen driving south on Des Peres Blvd.
The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department is investigating
• Consider using the Campus2Home Shuttle Service or Metro’s public transportation system. For more information visit the Transportation Options page at transportation.wustl.edu.
• Carry a whistle to summon help.
• Download the Noonlight Safety App.
• Be alert to your surroundings. If you suspect you are being followed, run in a different direction; go to the other side of the street and yell or whistle for help; or head quickly to a lighted area, a group of people, or business.
• Be extra cautious if someone approaches you or your vehicle and asks for information or if someone asks to use your cell phone.
• If you are confronted by a thief, give them what they want and don’t chase them as they leave. Report suspicious persons or activity immediately to the Police.