09/25/2021 at 7:00 PM
A student reported that at 7pm, they left their apartment in the 6100 block of Waterman Blvd., near Rosedale Ave. When they returned to their apartment at 10pm, they discovered a window had been broken out. Upon checking the apartment, the student discovered that a television and electronic gaming system were missing from the family room area.
Additionally, another student reported that at 8:15 pm, they left their apartment in the 6000 block of Waterman Blvd., near Des Peres Ave. When they returned to their apartment at 10pm, they discovered an open window. Upon checking the apartment, the student discovered that 2 televisions and various electronics were missing from the family room and a bedroom.
St. Louis Metro Police Department is investigating both incidents.
Report suspicious activity immediately to Police at 911 or go to the nearest emergency blue light telephone.
• Lock your door, even when you are at home.
• Lock the windows to your apartment when closed, even if you are home. Close and lock windows when you leave your apartment.
• Remove objects such as coolers, chairs and small tables from outside your apartment. These objects may assist someone to easily access windows.
• If you have a sliding glass door, secure it further by placing a piece of wood in the track to prevent it from opening.
• Never prop open exterior doors or gates. If you see a door propped, close it.
• Don’t allow people you do not know to “tailgate” behind you into the building.
• When someone knocks at your door, don’t open it unless you know your visitor.
• If the person is a maintenance person, ask that identification be slipped under the door or through the mail slot. Call the employer to verify that maintenance work was scheduled to be performed. Refuse to deal with anyone who won’t comply with this request.
• If you arrive home to find your door ajar, hear unusual sounds or believe your apartment has been broken into, DON’T GO IN! Go to a telephone and call the Police.
• When you are away from your residence, leave your interior lights on.